- High visibility conforms to EN ISO 20471 Class 3 and GO/RT 3279 (RIS-3279-TOM).
- Pockets, 3 waterproof pockets, 1 upper chest pocket, and 2 lower pockets.
- Hood, zip-off or storable collar, helmet-compatible with a wired front peck.
- Vents, Breathedry vents, and pit zips.
- Zip sides, ease of access to trouser pockets etc.
- Taped seams: all seams taped to increase weather resistance.
- Cuffs, tailed storm protection with Velcro adjustable, and Lycra thumb loops.
- Length, longer back for water runoff, long sleeve length for high reaching.
The BreatheDry® waterproof smock is a lightweight technical garment with an array of features that have been created with the arborist in mind.
As a fully waterproof and breathable jacket, the Arbortec smock conforms to EN343 Class 3 standards and incorporates an increased back length to shed water. The garment features a high collar with a waterproof zipper, inner placket, and neck protector.
Inside the collar is a large adjustable hood that has been designed to fit over a climbing helmet. The hood has a wired peak, bungee volume adjuster drawcord, and a large hook and loop storm flap.
The sleeves are of generous length and have inner soft cuffs with thumb loops. Additional features include hook and loop tab fasteners to keep the cuffs watertight.
A large breast pocket with waterproof zipper can hold a smartphone and a further large pouch pocket can be accessed by long side zippers. The pouch pocket also acts as a ventilation point with mesh panels on the inside.
Further ventilation ports are concealed beneath zippers in the armpits and an access zipper at the bottom of each side of the garment, which is useful for when wearing a climbing harness.
The Breathedry waterproof smock high visibility orange and yellow conforms to EN ISO 20471 Class 3 and GO/RT 3279 (RIS-3279-TOM).
We cannot stress enough how important it is to look after and clean your smock in order to maintain its waterproof abilities.
Our garment fabric has a solid structure that physically stops water from passing through the membrane. The fabric breaths by absorbing and dissipating sweat through the diffusion of water vapour molecules.
When the fabric membrane becomes clogged with grease, dust, and dirt it is very likely to allow moisture in and leak.
We recommend washing your smock with NikWax TechWash following the guidelines on the NikWax packaging to clean off the grease and grime, followed by a re-wash with NikWax TX Direct, this will help to restore the garments waterproof properties.
Arbortec BreatheDry® Waterproof Smock - Hi-Vis Orange