The Breatheflex Chainsaw trousers were introduced to the market in 2014 and there have been a few improvements since their first release based on your recommendations. This includes extra belt loops at the front of the trousers to prevent them from riding up or down when wearing a belt, the stiff braces attachment flap on the back of the trousers has also now been changed to have a much smaller and softer surface area.
The trousers are lightweight, comfortable and have been made to be as breathable as possible while retaining good abrasion resistance and quality blocking material.
The Breatheflex features a strong but lightweight Dyneema® and Kevlar® to ensure the trousers are flexible enough for climbing and groundwork while ensuring you are fully protected when using a saw. The trousers' outer shell has been made from Climasphere breathable fabrics which are highly abrasion and snag resistant and the six-way stretch feature makes for an incredibly comfortable and long-lasting chainsaw trouser.
The crotch is made with Kevlar® to eliminate ripping and incredibly stretchy fabric that allows for the ultimate amount of movement and flexibility in the tree.
The trousers are available in Type A (front protection only), Type A Plus (front protection and halfway up the back of the leg) and Type C (all-around protection.)
When cleaning and drying these trousers make sure to always air dry or hang in an airing cupboard. DO NOT TUMBLE DRY!
PLEASE NOTE: PPE is essential when using a chainsaw, be sure to always have full protective equipment worn on-site at all times. Don't risk losing a limb or a life.
- Reinforced seams at high tension areas: - Stronger build for longer lasting trousers.
- Kevlar reinforcement at lower leg: - Resistance to abrasion such as from thorns and brash.
- Quality YKK zipper system on flies and all pockets: - Zipper system is designed to survive extensive heavy use.
- Downward facing Pocket Zips.
- Reinforced lining around ankle: - Reduces wear from boot lace hooks.
- Cargo and phone pockets have double fold-over flap: - Keeps shavings and dust out.
- Elasticated boot lace fastener: - Reduces sawdust ingress into boots.
The AT4050 is a Type C trouser (saw protection to the front and the rear) and the protection is rated to
- AT4050 - Class 1 (20 m/s) EN 381-5 Type C.
- AT4040 - Class 2 (24 m/s) EN 381-5 Type C.
- AT4035 - Class 3 (28 m/s) EN 381-5 Type C.
Specification Information - Class 1.
Specification Information - Class 2.
Specification Information - Class 3.
AT4050/AT4040/AT4035 Breatheflex Type C Class 1/2/3 Chainsaw Trousers - Lime